Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Barbara is a Bitch!!

So, it's been a while since I rowed.  Yesterday was normally my rest day but since I'm really trying to increase my cardiovascular health and threshold I've started doing the Crossfit endurance WOD’s.  I completely forgot to warm up first and paid the price with a very tight back about midway through the workout.  Yesterday’s endurance workout was:
3000m row.  85% RPE for 1500, 1 min break and then 95%RPE for the next 1500.  
First 1500 - 5:38::3
Second 1500 - 5:54::3 
Today was deads and Barbara.  I was completely wiped after this one.  I was in the first round and wanted to just stop.  I was able to push through and finish.  It took a lot to restart after each three minute rest.  
Strength:  
Dead lift 3x10, 1x20:  225, 225, 225 and 185.
Barbara
5rds for time:
20 pull-ups
30 push-ups
40 sit-ups
50 squats
3 min rest
7:19, 7:42, 10:39 (this round hurt me), 9:22, 7:53
I thought I was going to vomit after the last round.  My shoulders are still a bit hurt and I weigh a bit much to be doing kipping pull-ups.  So I had to do everything strict.  I really don’t mind but it really slows me down on any pull-up WOD.  
As I said before this one really hurt me today.  I had to dig deep and it felt great to push through and complete.  My times weren’t stellar but I’m happy with a finish.
This evening I did a Tabata run at a 7:30 mile pace with a 12 on the incline.  This was a horrible choice and I should have gone with 10 to start with.  I got to round 7 and had to get off the treadmill before I fell off.  I was a little angry at myself for two reasons:  one for quitting and two for starting off harder than I should have.  After I was able to breathe again I did two sets of 50 double unders for time with a 3 minute break in between.   3:26 and 4:05.  I am getting better at them.  Unfortunately I’m still not consistent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment