Monday, February 28, 2011

New Rings

Just the other day I received the gymnastic rings that I had ordered.  So I figured it was time to use them in a workout.  So far I have no complaints about the rings.  They are of sturdy construction and are perfect for the workouts I plan on doing and they weren’t too expensive.  The only thing I’ll need to do is put some grip tape on them and they’ll be perfect.  Here’s today’s workout:
Strength: 
3x10 press 95 lb. (last set was broken)
1x20 press 45 lb.
I was surprised to note how much these were working my triceps too.  I’ve been reading Mark Rippetoe’s “Starting Strength” and so far it’s given me tons of great information on cleaning up my form. 
WOD:
21-15-9
225 lb. Dead lift
Ring dips
11:32
After I finished I worked on my double unders.  I did 50.  I’ll have to start timing myself.  I’ve got the jump and timing down.  My biggest problem now is that my arms start to stray outwards which shortens my rope and causes the rope to hit my feet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment