Thursday, March 10, 2011

One of Those Days

Today I thought my alarm had gone off twice and that I had one more coming.  I was wrong and over slept.  I still had plenty of time to come in and workout.  I just wasn’t feeling it.  I think that these two-a-days that I’ve been doing and the no rest days is already catching up to me.  
Morning workout
3x5 Dead lifts
265, 285, 295
I could have gone a bit higher but like it said, it was an off sort of day and I didn’t want to push it.  
3 rds for time
15 75# squat snatch
15 burpees
16:39
This was supposed to be 5 rounds but I was running out of time and needed to get to work.  I also did 50 double unders in 3:29.  This was my best time yet and I knocked out 15 and 10 unbroken.  I still have to use two single unders in between.  One to decelerate and the other to get set.  When I can knock them out 25 at a time consistently I’ll move on to DU’s with only a SU in between.  
Afternoon
3x7min intervals w/ a 3 min rest between each.  I ended up having to stop after two intervals.  Today was gorgeous outside and I figured I would try running outside.  I only have my five-fingers to run in and no other shoes.  So, I underestimated how many tiny, caltrop-like rocks were on the running trail.  After the second interval I called it so my left foot would stay intact.  That and I can’t run as fast as I need to maintain the level of exertion necessary when trying (unsuccessfully) to dodge tiny rocks.  I had forgotten about the burpee challenge and made up yesterdays’ two.  I didn’t count the burpees from the workout.  They were during my warm-up.
Day 3:  3 (5) Burpees  Total:  6

No comments:

Post a Comment