Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a good day.  Some mornings you wake up and feel like sleeping in.  Actually, this is most mornings for me.  Each morning that I get up and go to the gym is a small victory.  Score one for the good guys.  Today I made it in there and knocked out a good strength workout.  I like those days.  You still have to push every bit as hard as if you were doing a timed WOD, you just aren’t breathing as heavy.  
5 rds, rest as needed:
1 Press
3 Push-press
5 Jerks
I started with 135 for two rounds but the second round I couldn’t complete without racking the weight once and my form was going to hell.  I dropped to 115 for two more rounds and then up to 120.  This was followed by:
4rds
10 GHD sit-ups
10 Back extensions
10 Knees-to-elbows
No time component to this one but no real rests either other than the walk from the pull-up bars to the GHD rack.  
I’m excited for tomorrow.  I’ll be racking my Nut Brown Ale and tomorrow is another two workouts.  Both should be a ton of fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment